Hello Devens Disc Golf Players. Another work weekend has arrived – Oct. 19/20. We will be clearing holes 5-10 this weekend. We will meet in the parking lot at 9 am to start each day. Bring the following if you can:
- Chainsaws (TM will not be with us this weekend, so we could use all others)
- Weedwacker for low brush clearing
- Gloves for all carrying materials from fairways
- Rake/shovel for tee box clearing/leveling
Holes 5-10 are located in the far corner away from the course entrance. To get there we will drive the outer road past current hole 12. Either take a right at the path before the condo or continue. If walking, go past current hole 6 like you were going to hole 7 but continue straight down that path. Hole 5 is straight. Hole 10 is left at the fork. Holes 6-9 are right of hole 10. Listen and you will find the work crew.
We will begin work each day at 9am and work until a lunch break around noon. Lunch will be pizza/soda/water (BYO Beer) provided by Devens DGC. We will also have some water/gatoraid for during the day as well. We will resume work after lunch and work until around 5pm.
A few notes:
- Please cut everything LOW TO THE GROUND. I know it’s a little more difficult but its better than having to cut twice or having someone trip and get impaled.
- We will be looking to border walkways between holes using the thinner trees we cut.
- Cut material wants to be dragged well off the fairways and left in a natural deadfall state. We are not looking to create large deadfall piles. No burning allowed.
- We may collect some cuttings into road accessible areas for later chipping – use around green and walkways.
- The fairways are marked with orange flags/tape. We are cutting inside of the flags with the exception of trees with orange tape. Most anything outside the flags will stay unless directed otherwise. If it’s questionable, ask Ken or Luke.
- We will try to create level areas for tees, all natural for now.
We plan on installing bucket targets and having 14 holes "playable" by the end of the weekend.
Ken can be reached at 781-526-5080 (text or call)
Luke can be reached at 617-905-6574 (text or call)
Remember, hole sponsorships are $400 and can be shared by up to 4 people. See Luke or Ken for info.
Again, thank you!